Fulltime Maintenance Technician, Building Operations Team Member
We offer more….
- Full health benefits
- 12 Paid Holidays and 6 Sick Days per year
- 3 days of PTO during your first year
- 2 weeks of Vacation after year one
Harristown Inc & Harrisburg Property Services, LLC aim to “Make Harrisburg Better Ever Day”! We are a mission based real estate development company founded in 1974 based in Harrisburg that strives to create economic growth that will benefit the entire city. We are known for the great care we take with tenants, customers, and employees alike.
Our core values focus on integrity, teamwork & collaboration, health & wellness, safety, and problem solving
We believe that together we can make a positive impact on the world around us and Harrisburg in particular
As a Maintenance Technician in our Building Operations department we offer a competitive wage range of $14.50-$17.25 based upon experience and in addition to your hourly rate we offer:
- Subsidized Housing after 3 months of service
- Monthly free luncheons for all employees
- Tuition reimbursement
The ideal candidate will have
- A great attitude and be fun to work with, be honest and dependable
- Be a team player with a strong work ethic and who takes pride in their work
Why Should You Apply?
- Be part of the mission to make Harrisburg Better Every Day
- We offer Great Benefits and we work hard to recognize your contributions to the goal with a program that allows employees to select their own gift card rewards
- Opportunities for on the job training and growth within the organization
We are Equal Opportunity Employers (M/F/D/V).
Report to Sr. Director, Director, Tech III or Tech II who is responsible for the direction of maintenance services in the facility.
Tech I employees at this level perform semi-skilled and unskilled entry level class in maintenance, repair, and construction of building and equipment. This position is initially under close supervision, incumbents learn and perform a variety of duties in the maintenance and operation of the facility. Tech I staff receives supervision from the Sr. Director, Director, Tech III or Tech II of Facilities Maintenance.
A Tech I is fully capable of all responsibilities outlined and has two or more years of experience in maintenance services.
A Tech I is fully capable of receiving a state badge clearance.
PRIMARY DUTIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Perform a variety of maintenance and repair work independently as instructed or assist other skilled trade personnel to maintain buildings and facilities.
- Perform a variety of building maintenance duties including repairing carpeting, plaster, and drywall, repairing, or replacing air vents, screens, replacing ceramic, ceiling and floor tile and performing minor or emergency roof repairs: remove or board broken windows.
- Preventative maintenance; inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair.
- Repair, assemble, install, and assist in the construction of doors, partitions, furniture, counters, bulletin boards, chalk boards, shelving, and other items; set up for special events; move furniture.
- Perform cement work such as mixing, pouring, and patching.
- Prepare surfaces for painting; apply finishes and coverings using brushes, rollers, spray equipment and cutters as necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on doorknobs, locks, hinges, closures, strike plates and panic bars.
- Operate a variety of equipment and machines including saws, drill presses and various hand and power tools to preform repair and maintenance work; maintain tools and equipment in a safe, clean, and proper working condition.
- Operate light trucks/lifts to pick up and deliver equipment and supplies.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies, and tools on an incidental basis
- Maintain various records related to materials and work orders.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed
- Support and enforce all HPS policies, safety regulations and guidelines, etc.
- Perform related duties as required
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks and stairs in areas within and around all properties using hand-operated tools or small power equipment
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Methods, equipment, and material used in maintenance and repair work.
- Appropriate health and safety precaution and procedures.
- Basic shop math.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, material, and supplies.
- Requirements of maintaining buildings in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
- Perform semi-skilled to unskilled maintenance work independently as instructed or assist skilled maintenance trades personnel.
- Effectively and safely operate a variety of assigned tools and equipment.
- Have essential and mental capabilities in the following: interpersonal skills, memory, attention to detail, follow directions, comprehension, calculating, reading, writing, speaking, evaluating, organizing and innovation.
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisor or senior maintenance workers.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Maintain routine records.
- Lift heavy objects.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting, and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push, or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds.
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases.
- Grooming: All team members must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Attend safety meetings and other required meetings.
- Take classes as required in cleaning methods and techniques, new products, First Aid, and working relationships.
- Handle recycling materials
- Complete work orders
- Assist in the instruction and supervision of new hires.
- Assist with inventory control
- Safely operate all vehicles and other job-related equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate
- Two years journey-level experience in one or more trades areas preferred.
The maintenance department functions five days a week. In addition, this is a service business, and a professional service atmosphere must be always projected.
Due to business needs, this position may be required to work varying schedules, which may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with HPS, Inc. rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of our facilities. Employees who violate company rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE POSITION DESCRIPTION INFORMATION AND HEREBY STATE THAT I CAN PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION