Fulltime Mechanical Technician, Building Operations Team Member
We offer more….
- Full health benefits
- 11 Paid Holidays and 6 Sick Days per year
- 3 days of PTO during your first year
- 2 weeks of Vacation after year one
Harristown Inc & Harrisburg Property Services, LLC aim to “Make Harrisburg Better Ever Day”! We are a mission based real estate development company founded in 1974 based in Harrisburg that strives to create economic growth that will benefit the entire city. We are known for the great care we take with tenants, customers, and employees alike.
Our core values focus on integrity, teamwork & collaboration, health & wellness, safety, and problem solving
We believe that together we can make a positive impact on the world around us and Harrisburg in particular
As a Mechanical Technician II in our Building Operations department we offer a competitive wage range of $14.50-$15.50 based upon experience and in addition to your hourly rate we offer:
- Subsidized Housing after 3 months of service
- Monthly free luncheons for all employees
- Referral Bonus of up to $250
- Tuition reimbursement
The ideal candidate will have
- A great attitude and be fun to work with, be honest and dependable
- Be a team player with a strong work ethic and who takes pride in their work
Why Should You Apply?
- Be part of the mission to make Harrisburg Better Every Day
- We offer Great Benefits and we work hard to recognize your contributions to the goal with a program that allows employees to select their own gift card rewards
- Opportunities for on the job training and growth within the organization
We are Equal Opportunity Employers (M/F/D/V).
Perform maintenance and service repairs on building systems. Equipment worked on includes but not limited to chillers heating systems, fans, pumps, hot water heaters (steam and electric.) This position requires knowledge of building system controls (electric – pneumatic.) Reports to Assistant Director, Mechanical Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Average Percent of Time
|80||Perform maintenance and repairs to physical plant building systems (HVAC/Mechanical systems), to all HDC owned and affiliate properties.
Coordination of Services by 3rd party vendors
Maintain records of
|10||Assists other technicians in day to day activities|
|5||Miscellaneous paperwork, ordering parts and materials|
|5||Participates in training offered by or through co-workers|
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Knowledge of building systems
- Customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Basic Computer Skills
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalency required
Experience: Minimum two years experience in building mechanical systems
Licenses or Certificates: Certificate – EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification preferred, but not required
Other: Must be on after hours call on a rotating basis