We offer more!
- Full health benefits
- 11 Paid Holidays and 6 Sick Days per year
- 3 days of PTO during your first year
- 2 weeks of Vacation after year one
Harristown Inc & Harrisburg Property Services, LLC aim to “Make Harrisburg Better Ever Day”! We are a mission based real estate development company founded in 1974 and based in Harrisburg that strives to create economic growth that will benefit the entire city. We are known for the great care we take with tenants, customers, and employees alike.
- Our core values focus on integrity, teamwork & collaboration, health & wellness, safety, and problem solving
- We believe that together we can make a positive impact on the world around us and Harrisburg in particular
As a team member in our Financial Management department we offer a competitive wage range of $36,000-$40,000 annually based upon experience and in addition to your base pay we offer
- Subsidized Housing after 3 months of service
- Monthly free luncheons for all employees
- Referral Bonus of up to $250
- Tuition reimbursement
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to assist with the day-to-day functions of our Financial Management Department, with a primary focus on accounts receivable and accounts payable areas. The ideal candidate must have a firm understanding of general accounting principles, accounts receivable, and accounts payable. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, possesses strong attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative office environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Accounts Receivable – Prepare and apply daily deposits for multiple entities, along with deliver deposits to respective banks. Process monthly, quarterly, and annual invoices for commercial and/or residential leases. Review tenant ledgers and reports for accuracy and collection needs. Prepare monthly accounts receivable reports and analysis for internal and external customers.
- Accounts Payable – Process daily accounts payable transactions for multiple entities. Manage weekly check runs start to finish – code & data enter vendor invoices for payment for multiple entities, obtain check signatures, prepare checks for mailing and maintain AP filing system. Prepare monthly accounts payable reports and analysis for internal and external customers. Prepare annual 1099/1096 filings.
- Bank Reconciliations – Prepare monthly reconciliations for multiple accounts/entities.
- Customer Service – Maintain a positive attitude when assisting people inside and outside of the organization. Assist and resolve customer/tenant-related matters in a timely fashion. General office responsibilities may include answering incoming calls, greeting/assisting visitors, & sorting/distributing incoming mail, etc. Helping other staff members as needed/requested.
- Other – Assist with annual budget preparation, annual financial statement audit/review, and special projects as requested while maintaining all other responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Self-motivated, reliable, and maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Detailed-oriented and analytical
- Adaptable and flexible to change
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organization and time management skills
- Willingness to learn new things
- Ability to work well independently and as a team player
- Minimum two years of experience in accounts receivable and/or accounts payable preferred
- Associate degree in accounting, finance or related field and/or related accounting/finance experience is a plus
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel, Word and Outlook required
- Knowledge of Yardi Voyager, Sage 100, Appfolio and/or other Property Accounting software is a plus
- Experience working in commercial/residential real estate accounting is a plus